Monday, November 24, 2008

Called into question

On the Huskies' final play from scrimmage, the play where Tyler Lorenzen was called for an illegal forward pass,UConn coach Randy Edsall provided the Big East with a video of that play. His contention is that Lorenzen was subjected to a personal foul after the throw.

I've reached out to the head of Big East officiating Terry McAulay and hopefully I can give you definitive word on the league's take before the night is out.

Also, I eluded to the Biletnikoff Award. My semifinalist votes went to Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree, BYU's Austin Collie and Missouri's Jeremy Maclin. The final ballot arrived today and the finalists are: Crabtree, Maclin and Oklahoma State's Dez White. Maybe my memory is short, but when was the last time the country had three sophomore WRs like those guys?

No comments: