Tuesday, October 31, 2006

D.J. Hernandez is not the quarterback of the future for the UConn Huskies. I question whether he is the quarterback of today, for that matter.

I am increasingly unimpressed with what I have seen. There are moments of hope once or twice every game, but it seems as if the game is moving too fast for him. There are too many occassions where he seemingly panics, makes bad or ill-advised throws or just does the wrong/worst possible thing at any given moment.

Seeing Dennis Brown under center next season would not shock me. But I don't think, barring some drastic changes, that Hernandez is the man for thre job.

Look, he's got the physical ability and the work ethic. But I don't know if it has all come together upstairs for him. No, I'm not saying he's nuts or mentally incapable. I just think he may be overmatched or just not ready. The way he responds to a pass rush is as if he never saw one in his life. I like D.J. he is usually open with reporters and generally says the right things. I want to see him succeed. But I don't now if it will be at QB.

No comments: